Propane Service Technician - #1840917
Midwest Energy & Communications
Do you have a CDL and a passion for excellent customer service?
As an MEC propane service technician/driver you will spend your days delivering gas and installing propane products to our customers. At the end of the day, you will be able to return home and be proud of a job well done
What You Need
- A valid class B commercial driver license
- Acute attention to detail
- Safe work habits
- Desire to work outside
- Excellent customer service skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Advanced mechanical skills
What You'll Do
- Install customers' tanks, piping and appliances.
- Transport gas deliveries and propane products to our customers in a safe and timely manner
- Perform collections on past due accounts
- Maintaining plant inventory
- Perform service work on field equipment.
- Minimum starting wage: $24.51/hour + hourly incentive pay and overtime for on-call hours.
- On-call requirement: 1 week out of every 5, $150 on-call weekly incentive.
- Comprehensive insurance with minimal cost sharing and 401k plan with 6% employer contribution.
- Paid Time Off: Earn 5.85 hours/pay immediately, by 3rd year earn 24 days annually. In addition, paid sick leave and holiday time off
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Work Shift/Location: 8 a.m. 4:30 M-F
- The right candidate can determine their reporting location from our Cassopolis or Gobles office.
Deadline to apply: October 20, 2021.
In the 1930s, Midwest Energy & Communications (MEC) began to bring power and light to the rural space when the large utility providers wouldn't. Today's MEC embraces that same spirit, transforming the rural space by delivering first-in-class innovations and solutions where others won't. We bring comfort and convenience in the form of electric, propane and Internet solutions across our service territory in southwest and southeast Michigan. But there's a constant energy at MEC and it's much bigger than the services we provide. It's a buzz felt wherever our employees gather, whether in the office or in the field. Because we genuinely like each other. We help each other solve problems. We boost each other up. And at the end of the day, we gather for fun and share stories about our work and home lives. We've worked hard to build a culture we're proud of, a culture that values taking care of each other, collaborating on new ideas and standing up for our rural community. We're excited about the work we do and who we get to do that work with. We're MEC. With us, it's all about the energy.
Midwest Energy & Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.