Shipping Associate - #1957713
The Tile Shop
$750 Signing Bonus and Pay starts at $16.50/hr.
Weekend Shift: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 5:00am - 5:30pm
The Tile Shop Distribution Center is now hiring for a Material Handler to work in their Shipping department. Shipping is responsible for picking, packing and shipping material, tools, equipment, and products to The Tile Shop stores and customers while maintaining a clean, neat, safe and orderly work area. He/She must also have the ability to manually move and lift 50 lbs regularly and frequently up to and over 100 lbs and work scheduled shift.
- Use wireless RF device or desktop computer to perform all Bar Code functions, including but not limited to the following: pulling, putting away, shipping confirmations and inventory lookup.
- Select pick ticket to determine items to be picked, packed, palletized or shipped.
- Lift, move, sort or place pallets, boxes and items from bin locations to staging areas, build areas, pallets or crates.
- Ensure inventory and labeling accuracy for item or location being picked, packed, palletized, shipped or put away to or from.
- Securely band and/or wrap pallets and crates in a timely fashion.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Complete all paperwork properly such as the breakage/damage list.
- Participate in cycle counting program as needed.
- Use computer systems and programs to print documents and labels and perform inventory transactions.
- Proper use of equipment, including but not limited to the following: sit-down forklift, order picker, reach truck, 2-wheeled cart and pallet jack.
- Inspect equipment to maintain good working order.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized working environment including wearing safety equipment (steel toed shoes, etc.) as required.
- Work in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Strong work ethic.
- Forklift, reach truck, and order picker certification or willing to be certified.
- Basic organizational, mathematical, and computer skills.
- Knowledge of proper safety measures.
- Ability to manually move and lift 50 lbs regularly and frequently up to and over 100 lbs.
- Ability to work at varying heights.
- Ability to stand frequently as well as the ability to walk, sit, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
At The Tile Shop, we are committed to developing the WHOLE you, not just the WORK you. Our benefits program is our investment in you as an important contributor to our success, and we are proud of our highly competitive package.
- Individual Career Growth Opportunities & Excellent Training
- Competitive & Comprehensive Benefit Package
- HSA Employer Contributions
- 401(k) Plan with employer matching
- Team Focused Work Environment
The Tile Shop is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.