Facilities Maintenance Supervisor - #1995216
Under the general direction of the Facilities Director, or designee, plans, directs, coordinates, and provides professional leadership and direction of Facilities Department staff in building preventative maintenance, repair, grounds keeping and maintenance of sanitary conditions of various county buildings, grounds and parking areas throughout Lucas County including Vehicle Maintenance. This may include, but is not limited to, overall maintenance of buildings, entering and tracking completion of work orders via work order system, monitors and coordinates procurement of materials, equipment and supplies needed for maintenance of county facilities and operations and vehicle maintenance , employee supervision, direction and building systems, energy management, fire and safety, security, janitorial and also maintenance of parking lots and grounds.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains a working knowledge of buildings, building systems and controls, including but not limited to: energy management, fire, safety, security, and janitorial. Ensures plans, schematics and other technical documentation are maintained for pertinent facilities, systems, and equipment.
- Gathers and files records, reporting on use of materials and equipment; monitors department orders; calculates and tracks cost of material and departmental supplies ordered and used;Identify inventory storages and complete supply order forms to order, replace and/or request new equipment, supplies and materials through the established requisition ordering process; prepares reports on inventory when required.
- Assists in coordinating preventative maintenance projects and projects that result from work orders.
- Performs routine inspections of buildings and building systems.
- Act as a liaison between building users and Facilities Management.
- Provide supervision and work direction to staff completing work orders and/or conducting preventative maintenance.
- Coordinates grounds keeping (landscaping, grass cutting, leaf pick up, etc.).Provides work direction and supervises the crew.
- Coordinates snow removal.
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff properly maintain equipment that is needed for operations concerning facilities maintenance, custodial services, fleet maintenance and support services.
- Coordinates daily workflow with employees under their direction and ensures work complies with established policies/procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Five (5) years’ experience in direct supervision of staff including: performance evaluation and staff development; supervision in general building maintenance including building operations, systems and grounds preferred.
- Three (3) years’ experience related to building maintenance, tracking systems, and/or quality assurance.
- Working knowledge and 2 years’ experience utilizing Microsoft Office including, but not limited to Word and Excel, or equivalent programs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with driving privileges in the State of Ohio.
- Required to attend on-going mandatory training, as determined by Management, and to then show understanding and proficiency in said training topics, as determined by an independent party, in order to maintain a skill set that is compatible with current technology.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to plan work and follow projects through to completion.
- Demonstrated skills in supervising staff
- Demonstrated organizational skills (include but not limited to the ability to train employees on safety topics: proper tool usage, policy and procedures pertaining to safety. Lock-Out Tag-Out, ect….)
- Demonstrated basic competency of skills as verified by testing.
- Knowledge of offices practices and procedures; agency policies and procedures, (may be developed after employment); has proficient skills in office programs as Access, Excel and Word.
- Ability to apply principles to solve practical, everyday problems; ability to calculate fractions, decimals, and percentages; ability to read and understand simple sentences with common vocabulary; ability to work alone or with others; ability to demonstrate dexterity and skillful use of hands, with or without an accommodation.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints diagrams, schematics, and drawings as it relates to the position.
- Skills in building and equipment maintenance and maintenance repair as it relates to the position.
- Ability to apply common safety rules and practices as they apply to the position under the Ohio Risk Reduction Act and PERP (Public Employee Risk Program).
- Ability to coordinate troubleshooting procedures and to extrapolate the information provided to formulate a plan of action for all components within the building envelope.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints associated with building systems as needed.
UNUSUAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- May be required to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Working hours may be adjusted to meet the needs of the County, Facilities Department, or the client.
- Will be required to work in lock-down facilities.
- May be required to carry a cell phone after hours on rotation.
- May be required to be available for after hours on call activity.
To apply, please do one of the following:
1) Apply online
2) Mail a completed application, or a cover letter and resume, to: Lucas County Personnel Department, One Government Center, Suite 450, Toledo, OH 43604 ATTN: Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
3) Apply in person at the above address.
If applying online, please combine all documents into one pdf prior to attaching to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: 1819 Canton Street,Toledo,OH 43604, Toledo, OH 43604
Job Type: Full-time
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.