Business and Industry Liaison - Bilingual ability in English and Spanish is Required - #2008412
Telamon is an eleven-state, non-profit corporation headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina serving communities for 55 years. Telamon's mission is to provide educational services that lead to better jobs, better lives, and better communities. Telamon provides programs and services in three areas, Early Childhood and Family Support, Workforce Career Services, and Housing & Financial Empowerment.
Responsible for building business relationships with business and industry partners. Manages development of talent pipeline and job fulfillment process to meet identified workforce needs and serves as a liaison between Workforce and Career Services employees and business partners. Explores strategic partnerships that meet new trends in workforce development.
1.Identify available positions listed on the regional target employer lists.
2.Train employers to use the workforce system and explain how to make a positive impact on their business.
3.Perform initial and follow-up client visits as necessary to build and maintain employer relationships.
4.During initial employer visit, orient employer to Workforce and Career Services and available customized training programs and the potential for new training opportunities.
5.Market Work Based Learning opportunities throughout the region.
6.Enter all employer information and employer contacts into MIS data base and monitor employer activities.
7.Interface with other company departments and employees.
8.Stay abreast of developing industry trends.
9.Develop strategic partnerships throughout the region.
10.Coordinate with business services teams at the American Job Centers.
11.Attend, promote, and assist at job fairs.
12.Create business plans for meeting performance goals and gaining exposure for programs.
13.Provide, as required, target estimates or goals and periodic progress reports.
14.Develop a network for potential business leads.
15.Represent Telamon at conferences, chamber meetings and selected social functions as required.
16.Meet all performance goals on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
17.Participate as an active team member and assist team members’ in other counties as needed.
18.Provide leadership to Business Services Team.
19.Implement recruiting processes and initiatives.
20.Train all Business Services team members.
21.Develop and execute a marketing and advertising plan.
22.Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
This position directly supervises others. This may include participation in the recruitment/selection process for new hires, employee training, onboarding, conducting performance coaching/evaluation, compensation administration, delegation of duties and conflict resolution. Promotes an environment of teamwork and cooperation and is accessible to employees.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of workforce development experience.
- Must have own transportation, a valid driver’s license, and vehicle insurance.Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft Office products and on-line client management systems.
- Bilingual ability is required. [English & Spanish]
- Active Listening —Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness —Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking —Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing —Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Reading Comprehension —Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Work is performed both in an office environment and outside.
- Driving/sitting for prolong periods of time.
- Standing and walking for prolong periods of time.
- Frequent exposure to adverse weather conditions.
- Exposure to dust and dirt.
- Sitting walking, stooping, squatting, lifting (up to30lbs), carrying, pushing and climbing.
- Keyboarding and data entry, use of telephone.
- Conduct outreach and home visits to customer residences, exposure to potentially unsafe environments, climb stairs.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.