Account Executive - #2051044
MSC Industrial Supply
Built to Make You Better.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have here at MSC. If you are inspired to learn, expand your circle, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Due to MSC being a federal contractor all associates must be fully vaccinated to work at MSC or any of our entities.
Requisition ID : 8704
Associate Referral Bonus Amount : $1,000.00
Employment Type : Full Time
Grade : Sales 12
Job Category : Sales / Business Development
Work Location : Toledo, OH
State or Province : Ohio (US-OH)
Potential Work Location : United States : Ohio : Toledo
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Account Executive’s primary goal is to organically generate sales by nurturing existing customer relationships and prospecting for new customers. This entry level, individual contributor sales role will provide world class account management, acting as a liaison between the company and a group of customers. Ideal candidate should have exposure to strategic sales strategies, and ideally, a proven track record of success prospecting, penetrating, managing and closing customers. Works as part of a collaborative team to drive sales by focusing on acquisition, development, retention and management of strategic clients in designated territories.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Penetrates accounts at both the functional and Executive level, working with Business Team leaders and industry experts to design superior solutions for customers current and future needs.
- Provides cross-territory technical and sales expertise when needed
- Instrumental in execution of MSC Collaboration projects and cross selling activities.
- Acts as a role model for all sales associates and consistently demonstrates MSC values and financial achievement.
- Works with internal teams to ensure operational efficiencies and service levels meet and exceed customer expectations through strong customer service orientation with excellent follow up skills.
- Must achieve sales plan and account retention target.
- Identify and grow opportunities within the district through collaboration with Strategic Accounts, National Account, MSC sales, and Sales Management to insure growth achievement.
- Effectively communicate initiatives between multiple contacts within a customer
- Maximize the percentage of productivity through the utilization of multiple MSC Solution channels
- Develops world class relationships with customers and delivers key components of the sales strategy, while being initiative to solve customer’s needs
- Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in acquiring customers by exceeding their requirements.
- Creates and delivers face-to-face sales presentations to strategic prospective clients that demonstrate knowledge of the latest products and services. Sells with goals of exceeding departmental financial and division targets.
- Stays aware of the competitive landscape and emerging technologies to best position MSC in the marketplace.
- Develops the strategy of the sales territory, including identifying strategic partnerships, planning the development of a territory, and cultivating of local partnerships and organizational affiliations
- Actively researches and generates new leads with targeted businesses through various prospecting activities, including cold calling, canvassing, customer referrals, and partner relationships
- Retains customer base by delivering and ensuring a superior customer experience
- Maintains accurate and quality sales records and prepares sales and activity reports as required.
- Responsible for successful implementation of major company programs and initiatives.
- Assists or conducts prospect/customer surveys and conversions and set up of new customer locations.
- Secures and submits customer orders for processing utilizing wireless ordering technology.
- Develops pricing strategy for non-contract customers in conjunction with activities in accordance with company policies and corporate business conduct guidelines.
- Submits in timely manner, in the format requested, all written reports as required by management.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two to four year college degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3+ years outside direct sales/service experience preferred.
- 2 years of Industry experience preferred
- Experience in account retention and account penetration preferred (expansion of sales within existing accounts); must be able to verify sales successes.
- Proven track record in new account acquisition, account retention and/or account penetration (expansion of sales within existing accounts) is preferred.
- High degree of integrity and ability to develop customer relationships required.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and develop action plans.
- Technical product knowledge preferred - relevant to the markets being served, including but not limited to fasteners, chemicals, industrial maintenance supplies, electrical, food processing, manufacturing, etc
- Requires ability to read technical material and develop analysis regarding the same.
- Must exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent listening, presentation and questioning skills.
- Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email) and ability to acclimate to PC based order entry system and wireless, handheld scanners.
- Must exhibit basic math skills and ability to organize and manage time appropriately.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Capable of driving up to several hours per day to customer location(s) within an assigned territory or region is required
- Job entails frequent lifting, bending and stretching.
- Ability to move product weighing up to 60 pounds.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family’s health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.