Service Technician Apprentice 2021 - #2189561
DTE is one of the nation’s largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer’s homes and Michigan’s progress for more than a century. And as Michigan’s largest source of renewable energy, we’re creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We’re also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we’re more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you’ll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Emergency Response: Yes – Must be available to perform a primary assignment in support of DTE’s emergency response to storms or other events that impact service to our customers.
The Service Technician Apprentice classification requires that an employee shall be able to perform technician duties on service equipment and technology.
- Must be able to perform the duties of cutting, threading and connecting piping and tubing incidental to the repair, installation or relocation of all appliances and meters
- Alter meter manifolds
- Start and re-light all residential and commercial appliances having hourly inputs of less than 400,000 BTU, including space heating; adjusting, converting and repairing all residential and commercial appliances having hourly inputs of less than 400,000 BTU, except air conditioning
- Install parts when necessary, changing, turning off, setting and removing all meters except industrial, including space heating meters; reading all meters; installation and repairs on any Hex or future AMR systems
- Change dial glass or indexes where necessary on the job site and no soldering required; executing all leak orders; taking gas pressures to locate cause of no gas or poor supply
- Clear services of stoppages
- Install, change, repair and adjust service regulators
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the rules and procedures of the Field Operations.
- The employee must complete the prescribed course of instruction and pass a subsequent examination on the duties within this classification, and perform the duties assigned under this classification for a total of one hundred eighty (180) days to qualify.
- Must receive a "recommended" on the Field Service Test.
- Henry Ford College Power and Trades Pathways Certificate
- An employee who has qualified as a Service Technician Apprentice and, thereafter, has performed the duties of such classification for sixty (60) months, (including the three hundred sixty-five (365) day qualification period) and has been rated as qualified at the semi-annual rating next preceding the expiration date of such sixty (60) month period, shall have the opportunity for advanced assignment to the Service Technician classification. When an employee has been rated as not qualified at such semi-annual rating preceding such expiration date, he/she will have the opportunity for advanced assignment to the Service Technician classification at the expiration of the next semi-annual period at which the employee has been rated as qualified.
- All Field Service-based employees, including Service Technician Apprentices (STA) and Field Operator Apprentice (FOA) will be expected to do both gas and electric turn ons and disconnects.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.