Online Learning and Instructional Support Advisor - #2518642
With general supervision, this role provides operational and technical support for faculty, staff, and students as it relates to the online learning management system (LMS), and interconnected processes, applications, and websites, including the Student Information System (SIS) and integrated third-party digital assets, for the National University (NU) Online Learning and Instructional Support unit. This position serves as an online learning advisor for the learning management system (LMS) and related applications, performing a range of services including, basic to advanced technical and end-user support, online foundation training course facilitation, quality assurance, faculty textbook procurement, and open education resource integrations, as it adheres to standard operating procedures and online learning policies. Collaborates with key stakeholders including, OSI leadership and staff, NU administration, system affiliates, academic program directors, and lead faculty to assess and resolve short- and long-term needs as it relates to online learning and instructional support. This role exhibits an understanding of cross-functional knowledge between various departments that will be leveraged to ensure accuracy of data and related processes are communicated appropriately to all impacted stakeholders.
Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on topics related to the continuous operation and support of the learning management system (LMS), and associated applications, including user creation and access, general functionality, system interoperability, technical issue resolution and reporting, enrollment management, course design, development and settings, data reporting, term setup procedures, tool availability and settings, grade reconciliation, importing and exporting assessments, and digital asset management.
- During published hours of operations, including nights and weekends, this position reviews, resolves, and responds to inbound/outbound phone calls and emails from faculty and staff regarding operational and technical support requests for the learning management system and related applications, adhering to established service level agreements.
- Communicates requests or issues requiring advanced support, or resources from another department, to appropriate stakeholders, maintaining contact until completed.
- Provides advanced student support for the learning management system and related applications upon internal consultation, referral, or electronic form submission from another department.
- Facilitates faculty training sessions, instructing new faculty on best practices and procedures for teaching in an online learning environment; this includes one-on-one training and consultations by appointment.
- Conducts quality assurance checks, for new courses in development, as needed, and monthly for courses created during term setup, to ensure link and tool functionality, content availability; resolving technical issues and escalating higher level issues when applicable.
- Maintains a running database of all online master course versions used for term setup and analytics.
- Creates and delivers course or user activity reports as requested.
- Reviews and processes faculty desk copy and textbook review requests, verifying eligibility and accuracy of data within the Student Information System (SIS), and communicating with additional stakeholders, when applicable, prior to approving or denying the request.
- Coordinates term setup and provides limited operational and technical support for select National University System Affiliates.
- Contributes to new digital asset product or enhancement testing, evaluation, and implementation.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience using computers and web-based applications required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working in one (1) or more of the following areas in an institute of higher education, or other professional setting, such as information technology, e-learning, instructional design, financial aid, student services, admissions, or customer service required. Call center experience preferred.
Technical / Functional Skills
- Demonstrated Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word experience required. Microsoft One Drive, Access preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with a Learning Management System (LMS), , IT Service Management or ticketing system (ITSM), Student Information System (SIS), and/or similar Database systems required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge, influence and effectively communicate through email, phone, or in person required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Proficient knowledge of HTML and graphic design programs preferred.
- SQL Developer experience preferred.