Cash Application Specialist - #2645822
Post high volumes and large variety of payments received via multiple forms, code Customer Refund requests, adjustments and other account information to appropriate Customers accounts, reconcile customer accounts and prepare Journal Entries following established guidelines while providing professional, efficient customer service to Waste Industries branch locations and customers and support Mailroom processing..
- Review/Resolve within Lockbox items Lockbox processors cannot correctly identify.
- Accurately post all incoming payments to the proper customer and/or General Ledger accounts within established processing guidelines.
- Accurately post adjustments for division branches and departments in the Home Office within the established processing timeframes.
- Provide support and training to internal and external co-workers on use of Ebill/Enrollment applications.
- Respond to Customers’ emails/phone calls and letters.
- Update customer accounts and General Ledger payments when checks are not honored by bank.
- Provide research and corrections of misposted payments and other information as necessary.
- Analyze, reconcile and resolve accounting discrepancies in cash application batches and customer accounts.
- Prepare, log and maintain records and reports of the deposits, processed payments, adjustments and corrections.
- Assist with the research of Unapplied Cash (UAC) on active and canceled accounts.
- Process requests debit and credit entries as needed as well as moving monies between customer accounts.
- Verify accuracy and validity of request for refunds and updated Customer accounts accordingly.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets and forms as necessary.
- Provide excellent customer services to internal and external customers.
- Effective and efficient navigation and use of Tower, JD Edwards, Excel, Word, Internet, Outlook and applications such as Cash Apps Import, BB&T Archives and applications specific to Cash Applications processing.
- Act as back-up to the Mailroom Coordinator – acceptance and delivery of incoming mail, sorting of mail, preparing outgoing mail for mailing, preparing Express mail for pick-up.
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Accounting Associates degree preferred
- Two plus years of experience working in accounting or with high volume applications of payments received via various means
- Combined of education and experience
- Two to Three years of experience in a Customer Service oriented environment.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. As such, the Company offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable discrimination laws. Furthermore, no employee of the Company may discriminate against any applicant or fellow employee on the basis of a disability or veteran/military status.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!