Social Work - FTBS Worker - Bay City, Saginaw, Midland - #2646063
Wellspring Lutheran Services
Who is Wellspring?
Because you navigated to this page, we know you are interested in becoming a Families Together Building Solutions Worker with Wellspring. Can we just say how excited we are that you are here? It means so much to us that something about the Wellspring family stood out to you.
Wellspring Lutheran Services purposefully takes a whole-person approach to our organization and delivery of our services. We are convinced that we must find the strengths in people and build on these for any lasting change to occur.
We hope you can find the answers to your questions by reading some of the information below.
Are you wondering whether this would be a good fit for you? Here are a few questions you should ask yourself as you continue your search:
- Do I consider myself a patient person? What does it look like when I get overwhelmed?
- Do I respect ALL people — even on MY hard days? (We all have them; it’s ok!
- Do I like working with a team of people who are all committed to the same goal?
What you'll be doing:
- Adheres to Families Together Building Solutions Pathways to Potential (Saginaw) or Families Together Building Solutions models of service by using solution-focused interventions (such as complimenting, interviewing as intervention, positive reframing and exception finding to engage family members).
- Establish solution-focused, behaviorally specific goals in collaboration with the family and referring worker.
- Provide and assist families in obtaining concrete services, such as housing, transportation, house cleaning, etc.
- Provide skills training, including but not limited to parenting and communication.
- Maintain contact with the referring worker to address the progress and circumstances of each case.
- Make collateral contacts including but not limited to: medical care, teachers, utility companies, mental health providers. Assist family to network with community resources.
- Prepare reports (service plans, progress reports, termination summaries, goal sheets, weekly plans, time sheets. closure letters, etc.) within appropriate time lines.
- Prepare and present each individual case to be staffed weekly in group consultation; prepare for and meet individually with supervisor bi-weekly. Seek ongoing informal supervision as needed.
- Prepare and present each case for a termination meeting with the contractor, recommending follow-up as appropriated.
- Provide twenty-four (24) hour availability to clients and a flexible work schedule.
- Transport clients in your own vehicle.
What'll You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related human service field
- Experience working with children and families
Wellspring Lutheran Services, Children & Families, Cultural Parent Training, Families First, Family Preservation, Family Reunification, Family Services, Family Support, Foster Care, FTBS Direct Support, Human Services, In-Home, Parenting Support, Social Work