HR Specialist- REMOTE - #2673354
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The HR Specialist supports the management team and the employees for the Torque by Ryder product line. The HR Specialist will be the first point of contact for the managers of Torque by Ryder. The HR Specialist will partner with recruitment to ensure all positions are filled on a timely basis while assisting the managers through the process. The HR Specialist will also ensure training and onboarding is completed and tracked for all employees. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, displays critical thinking skills and able to problem solve while providing superior customer support and HR subject matter expertise.
REMOTE work from HOME
Travel 50% within US
- Partner with Ops team to help support location/account specific projects, tasks, etc.
- Work with managers to help them fill roles, manage training and onboarding, and create a positive employee experience
- Resolve employee inquiries and issues by utilizing applicable procedures, policy manuals, knowledge management system and other reference materials, as well as referring employees to our HR Employee Services
- Partner with Functional Specialists when specific, in-depth knowledge is required
- Partners with managers, Employee Relations and HRBPs to provide support to employees and managers
- Partner with location management teams to implement the local human capital strategy (ie. retention initiatives, etc.)
- May be required to work extended hours during the week based on volume
- Travel required as needed, estimated up to 50%
- Identify areas for continuous improvement
- May be required to meet productivity and accuracy standards
- Cross-train on other duties as assigned by management
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills, and efficiency in responding to written messages through a computer system
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, managers and HR teams
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Effective active listening skills required with ability to probe to ensure appropriate resolution
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Bachelor's degree required Business administration with HR concentration or related field
- Two (2) years or more employee relations similar HR function required
- Two (2) years or more HR Generalist or similar functions required
Job Category: General Human Resources
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.